Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cake

I tried a new recipe today, though I haven't tried it yet it looks tasty.

I found a 4 egg yellow cake recipe and just added chocolate chips to it.

Chocolate Chip Cake

1 cup shortening
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups milk
1 (16 ounce) bag of chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate today)

1. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. Cream shortening and sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Mix well.
4. Add in chocolate chips. I saved about a handful to put on top. Pour batter into pan.
5. Bake 45 minutes, or until cake tests done (it took about 10 more minutes in my oven). Cool.

Optional: Ice or glaze

Glaze

1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoon milk or coffee

Mix two ingredients. If too thick, add more liquid; if too thin, add more sugar.

*I used both coffee and milk in my glaze.


5 comments:

  1. OK funny girl! YOu didn't make that in a 9X13, you did it in a bundt pan. But, it still looks yummy! Good job Betty Crocker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! :D I thought about putting a note in parenthesis that said "or any kind of pan you want, like a Bundt pan" Though I didn't because it got too long. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That looks very yummy and what great presentation! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY! Thank you for sharing the recipe! Looks beautiful, and I'm sure it tastes even better! Bryant is excited to eat it, i'm sure [that is if he hasn't yet :)] Thank you for your hospitality yesterday afternoon and evening. I greatly enjoyed your company! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks Awesome!! Very creative and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete