I tried a new recipe today, though I haven't tried it yet it looks tasty.
I found a 4 egg yellow cake recipe and just added chocolate chips to it.
Chocolate Chip Cake
1 cup shortening
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups milk
1 (16 ounce) bag of chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate today)
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. Cream shortening and sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Mix well.
4. Add in chocolate chips. I saved about a handful to put on top. Pour batter into pan.
5. Bake 45 minutes, or until cake tests done (it took about 10 more minutes in my oven). Cool.
Optional: Ice or glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoon milk or coffee
Mix two ingredients. If too thick, add more liquid; if too thin, add more sugar.
*I used both coffee and milk in my glaze.