I tried a new recipe today, though I haven't tried it yet it looks tasty.
I found a 4 egg yellow cake recipe and just added chocolate chips to it.
Chocolate Chip Cake
1 cup shortening
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups milk
1 (16 ounce) bag of chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate today)
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. Cream shortening and sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Mix well.
4. Add in chocolate chips. I saved about a handful to put on top. Pour batter into pan.
5. Bake 45 minutes, or until cake tests done (it took about 10 more minutes in my oven). Cool.
Optional: Ice or glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoon milk or coffee
Mix two ingredients. If too thick, add more liquid; if too thin, add more sugar.
*I used both coffee and milk in my glaze.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
I am now 21 weeks pregnant with The General (new nickname for him). He should be about 10 or so inches long from head to toe, about the size of a carrot, and weighs about 12-14 ounces.
It is fun feeling him move around inside, it is even more so when Bryant can feel him move on the outside.
The neat video provided by babycenter.com showing a baby's progress between weeks 21-27.
When we first found out that we were pregnant, it was around the time of our reception for Bryant's friends that couldn't make it to the wedding. So, my witty sister(-in-law) and mother-in-law decorated a table and added a banner with this cute paper sleeper attached.
It was cute and stuck in my mind, so I thought I'd share it. :)
Eventually I will get a picture of me, or rather the bump, to post on here. . . but not today.
Thursday, February 16, 2012
I am very thankful for the witty inventions of today where we can see a baby inside the womb! Yesterday, Bryant and I had the chance to use an ultrasound machine to see our little BOY! The technician was kind and used a second machine to get bigger pictures for us. Here is one of them:
|Baby "Olive(r)" Cutler|
This is my favorite picture of all of him, but my absolute favorite was one of his hand by his head.
He woke up right before we went back for the exam, which meant that he was moving the whole time. It was awesome watching him kick and try grabbing his feet. I was in awe watching this little creation of our Lord!
Immediately when the technician put the wand on my tummy, we saw the underside of his thighs. He was posed and ready to be found out.
I am thankful the Lord chose to give us a son, though the gender didn't really matter to us.
We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.
Thursday, February 9, 2012
I am praising and thanking the Lord for His Wonderful Grace and Kindness!
A list of thanksgivings continues:
A list of thanksgivings continues:
- My new church family!
|Source: Brytni's blog|
Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.
~ Psalm 149:5
- My old church family!
- My little friends that I miss playing with!
|Sara, Alston, Ragan, and Lauren|
- The many "new" technologies that are so very beneficial to us.
- The Lord's healing and protective hand on my father and family!
O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. O Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me live, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
- Another week added to my pregnancy! (week 19)
Olive is now about half a foot long, comparable to an heirloom tomato, and weighs about half a pound.
- Anticipation of seeing Olive next week!
- Hearing Olive's tiny heart beating last week!
- An upcoming trip to see my Mom and Dad!! and Amy and Will! :)
- Seeing Granny on the above said trip!
- Arising opportunities for my husband in the workforce! He is just now leaving to go to an interview for a teller position at a bank.